The tournament is still scheduled as normal with a shotgun start for all teams at 9:00am. The course has taken every precaution to make sure to comply with the current standards. If anything changes occur we will update all players.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN?
Crooked River Scramble is a competitive, big payout 4-Player Scramble with 36 teams that will take place at Valleaire Golf Club on Sunday, September 6th and will be a shotgun start at 9:00am to approximately 5:00pm
HOW MUCH IS ENTRY?
Entry is $120 per player ($480 per team).
The entry covers all fees: golf, cart, prizes
The entry is due at sign-in the day of the event and will be CASH ONLY.
WHAT IS THE PAYOUT?
Payout amounts will be based on the number of registrations. We will not hold the event unless full or very close to full registration occurs, so payout should remain the same.
IS A DEPOSIT REQUIRED?
No deposit is required however in order to keep things flowing we would greatly appreciate letting us know at least a week prior if cancellation is needed so we may give the replacement team from the waiting list adequate time to prepare.
WHEN IS THE LAST DAY I CAN REGISTER?
Registration is open until all 36 teams are filled, after which newly registered teams will be added to a Waiting List in the event a team cancels.
HOW DOES "PINS/ SKINS" WORK?
Pins/ Skins is an OPTIONAL mini game that will occur during the event. The team with the best score on a hole will win that holes percentage of the skins pot. Pins is on the 4 holes that are par 3 and is based on the closest tee-shot to the pin.
The fee to participate in skins is $80 per team ($20 per player). The payout will be determined by the number of teams participating and the number of ties. The maximum payout (full participation) would be $2,880 ($80 x 36 teams). In the event of a tie on ALL 18 holes, the winnings will be divided equally and awarded to the top 5 teams.
WILL THERE BE DIFFERENT TEES FOR SENIORS OR WOMEN?
Because of the tournament style and payout amount, there will only be one tee for each hole from which all players will swing from.
WHERE DO WE PARK?
Valleaire is located on the east end of Boston road, only accessible from Ridge road. Parking is in the pavilion parking lot only (first parking lot on the right PRIOR to the club house). Vehicles may NOT be left overnight.
WHAT IS THE ALCOHOL POLICY?
No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be brought onto Valleaire Golf Club property at any time. However, groups and individuals may purchase beer and liquor in the clubhouse/sports bar area.
WILL FOOD AND DRINK BE PROVIDED?
In order to maximize payouts, food and drink will not be provided as part of entry. The Valleaire snack bar will be open and providing lite food and drinks including a hot dog, chips and a soft beverage or domestic canned beer package for $6.00. We also will have bottled water available free of charge.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
Appropriate footwear only please. No metal spikes, football shoes, baseball cleats etc. Shirts must remain on at all times. No sleeveless shirts or tank tops allowed. No short shorts. No shirts with inappropriate language. No see through shirts. If you have any questions on this, check with us before the event.
WHAT IF I NEED MORE PLAYERS TO FILL MY TEAM?
If you are interested in playing but are looking for more players to be on your team, please contact us. We will be keeping a list of individuals who need teams. Every time 4 players are compiled we will create a team and notify the 4 players.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A TIE?
If two or three teams tie for first, a playoff will be done to determine the final standing. If more than three teams tie then the standings will be determined by the handicap scorecard.
WILL WE HAVE SPOTTERS OR EIGHTSOMES?
In order to ensure integrity is being practiced by all players, we will be playing eightsomes. Each pair of teams will be randomly assigned and will play together for the entire event. We will also have officials moving through the course to help as well.
We will be following the standard USGA rules, within reason.
These rules can be found here: https://www.usga.org/rules-hub.html
We also use a scramble addendum set of rules that can be found on below:
4-Player Scramble Rules of Competition
USGA RULES APPLY DURING PLAY ALONG WITH THE FOLLOWING LOCAL & SCRAMBLE RULES:
- LIFT, CLEAN & PLACE WITHIN ONE CLUB LENGTH THROUGH THE GENERAL AREA. All players tee off and the best shot is selected. Each player then places and hits from within one club length of that selected shot in any order, always without changing the cut of grass where the original ball came to rest. Putts must be played from the exact spot selected, and all putts must be holed (no ‘gimmies’). The hole is completed when a putt is holed, so do not tap-in except to finish.
- If a ball selected for play is in a sand bunker, the player whose ball has been chosen must hit it as it lies, then each subsequent player may smooth the sand and place as near as possible to the selected shot.
- If a ball selected for play is in a penalty area, the player whose ball has been chosen must play the ball as it lies, then each subsequent player must drop from knee height as near as possible to original spot.
- PACE OF PLAY MUST BE MAINTAINED: KEEP UP WITH THE GROUP IN FRONT OF YOURS! There is no acceptable excuse for slow play. If any group falls one hole behind the group in front of them, that group will be warned only once and the group will have one hole to close the gap. The Committee has the right to monitor any lagging group, determine the player(s) causing the delay, and disqualify and remove the slow team from the course without refund if necessary.
- Players may: stand behind the line of play for a teammate to watch that teammate’s shot or putt; use range finders (without slope); use varying brands of balls during the round (but changed only between holes or upon damage); practice putt after holing out so long as pace of play is maintained; go past the selected ball to scout a hole location.
– Out of Bounds: White stakes and/or ALL perimeter property fences and roads are defined as out of bounds. The OB line is determined by the nearest inside points of the stakes, roads or fence posts at ground level excluding angled supports. Penalty Areas: all penalty areas are defined by re/yellow lines or red/yellow stakes. In the absence of lines or stakes for water, the margin of the penalty area shall be defined by any natural break in the ground toward the water (not the water itself).
– Relief without penalty is provided from all prepared, planted flower beds; the ball is to be dropped at the nearest point of relief. NO RELIEF is provided for mulch used around trees or a bed without any planted flowers.
- PLAYOFF IN THE EVENT OF A TIE OF 2-3 TEAMS. If more than three teams are tied then the standings will be determined by the handicap scorecard IF NO SKINS ARE WON OUTRIGHT, the least-tied hole(s) split the skins pot. A team need not post a score on all 18 holes to be eligible to win a skin; a team may ‘X’ a hole and still win a skin on another hole.
- Should inclement weather force a cancellation of play for the day: if all teams have completed 9 holes before play is stopped, the tournament will be shortened to 9 holes with full payouts; if any group does not complete 9
holes, the event is considered null and a full refund or credit for pot/skins will be provided. (Golf+cart will be
- WRITE BOTH TEAM SCORES ON ONE SCORECARD PROVIDED. After play, a person from each team
MUST check and sign the card prior to posting. Failure to sign card = no scores posted. Protect the field: check
and sign your card after play!
- Rules question? Try to resolve it among your fellow competitors. If the question cannot be resolved, play two
balls and ask the Committee for a ruling prior to signing scorecard. Have fun!